Inspiration for today...

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

Philippians 4: 4-8


Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday Funnies #3 - More of D's Oneliners...

Reader Warning: Part of this story not suitable for children who have fettish for sticking things up their noses!

A couple of Sundays ago we were dropping my husband off at the airport - on the way home we stopped at McDonalds because the boys were starving and I figured it would keep them quiet in the truck. It covered both issues for the most part until we were almost home. Then the boys were antagonizing each other - trying (and succeeding) to make the other scream. I did my usual threat of making them walk up the driveway when we got home. I thought that worked until I heard D scream again - this time it was different - it sounded more like the M&M nose incident (click here), but I knew they did not have M&M's. I look back and sure enough he had that panicked look on his face. I asked him what was wrong and he said "This was up my nose." I asked what he was talking about, he said, "This." I asked what "this" was supposed to be.

Apparently, he pulled darker, crusty part off of his bun and rolled it up then stuck it up his nose. Then, he informs me, "There is still some up there, Mom!" Now, mind you I am still driving....I asked if he could blow it out....luckily it all came out. I asked him why he thought he should do that again - didn't he learn not to stick things up his nose from the M&M incident. He said, "Mom, I only HALF learned that."

I said, "Well, I certainly hope you learned the other half now!"

No comments: