Our team is called "Lauer Power" because we walk for Our Husband, Dad, and Grandpa - as you can see by the backs of our t-shirts in the picture above. He had a kidney transplant about five years ago and without that he probably wouldn't be here today. His kidney was donated by a teacher from Duluth. We didn't know who she was but we are FOREVER greatful. Below is the team from the first walk the second year we had more walkers this year remains to be seen...
Did you know????
- 26 million Americans have chronic kidney disease and most don't know it.
- Once kidneys fail, you need dialysis or a transplant to survive.
- 367,000 people depend on dialysis.
- 84,000 people are on the waiting list for a life-saving kidney transplant.
- 1 person dies every two hours while waiting for a kidney transplant.
This walk will raise money for kidney research, patient advocacy, public education and free kidney screenings, because early detection and proper treatment can slow the progress of kidney disease.
As I said earlier, we walk for my Dad but since this disease is hereditary we are also walking for our children. Dan's old boss also has kidney disease and right before Christmas last year received a transplant. These are two lucky ones....please help in fighting this disease...and help me raise money for a good cause....even if you can only donate $5.oo every little bit helps! Click on this link to donate - St. Cloud Kidney Walk or talk to me.
Thank you so much!!! I appreciate your help!