Inspiration for today...

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

Philippians 4: 4-8


Friday, January 16, 2009

Wow - this is really the FROZEN North!

When I looked at the temperature this morning - at 8:00 - it was 30 degrees BELOW zero. Help! That is way too cold even for Minnesota. Alaska is even warmer at 30+ degrees. Dan right now is in LA and they are having a heat wave with temps in the upper 80's. That is a difference of 118 degrees. I have no idea how cold it actually got here last night or what the windchill factor if any was but WHY do we live in Minnesota!?!?!?!?

If I had my way, we would be snuggled up in bed under the covers to hibernate the cold weather away. My two boys on the other hand see the sun outside and think it is a beautiful day - they want to go outside and play. So, I just brought the blankets out to the couch and we are going to pretend that is bed and watch movies, eat popcorn and snuggle to stay warm. It is going to be the perfect day for my Mom's YUMMY Chili. Maybe I can get them to take naps!!!

There is supposed to be a warm-up next week - it will be in the 30's. WHOOHOO! Break out the shorts. I am praying for an early spring and temps in the 60's and 70's (my ideal temperatures!). Dan will be flying to Miami soon...maybe I will be crazy enough to pack up the kiddos and meet him down there for awhile. If I don't blog for awhile - I'm either frozen or left this freezer...

2 comments:

Qtpies7 said...

You should so go to Miami! Donnie is so sick of this weather and the lack of jobs, he is even applying in Miami, hehe. No, we wouldn't actually take a job there. Crazy man. He shouldn't do applications at 2am.

Grandma J said...

Somehow I missed this post the first time I saw your Friday funnies one. Yes it was WAY to cold, even for us Minnesotan's on Friday. Of course we were having a tropical heatwave over here, what with the Luau and all.