Inspiration for today...

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

Philippians 4: 4-8


Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday Funnies #4 - How should I take this???

On Wednesday afternoon, I asked my friend Jean if she would graciously watch my boys while I had an appointment. She agreed because her grandson, CJ is staying and he fits right inbetween my two boys - they get along fabulous as well. Well, of course, when I come back neither of my boys wants to leave because they are having so much fun... I have to bribe them with swiss cake rolls to clean up and then corral them out the door to get home to eat supper then head back into town for AWANA.

I finally get them in the car and we are heading down the road back to our house and D starts telling me (again) how I am a mean mom because I make them leave when they are having fun(C joins with "Yeah, mom, your mean!). And, how I am so boring because I don't let them do anything (C again "Yeah, mom, your boring!). AND, how I am just NO FUN AT ALL!! (C, "Yeah, No fun at all!"). I told them that since I am so mean, boring and just no fun that I will put them up for adoption so that they can find someone who is better BUT that they might get someone who is meaner, more boring and less fun than I am so they better watch out.

D says to that, "Oh yeah, mom, you are just so mean and boring and no fun you shouldn't be a mom at all - you should just be a...be a....be an AUNT or something." (C - "Yeah, an aunt or something.").

They love their aunties and think that their aunties are the most funnest ever and so I should be fun and spoil them like their aunties...

2 comments:

Qtpies7 said...

Oh, dear. It has already begun, lol.
I disagree, I think you are a TON of fun! Not at all mean, either. A little stubborn and independant, though.

Sassyfrazz said...

That is so funny! Your boys are comical! I could see how aunts are more fun than us moms. But, I agree with Lisa, You are a TON of fun!
That is cute how Charlie copies his brother.

I loved hearing D singing yesterday~ so precious!