Inspiration for today...

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

Philippians 4: 4-8


Sunday, November 23, 2008

A Weekend with Firsts...

Well this is the weekend for first...at least for me, K and D.

For me - I think this is the earliest that I have my Christmas letter written. I also got my first Christmas card - KUDOS to Paula who is so on top of things! I am waiting for my cards and then I have to print the letters out...they will be in the mail shortly after Thanksgiving...

For K - this was her first time trying cereal. She wasn't very interested in it but she swallowed a little and spit most of it out. Not too sure she likes the stuff.

And for D - this was his first trip to the Emergency Room. Now, C is an old hat with already 3 trips in his almost 3 years but D's first. He has been trying to stick things up his nose but I have always caught him...today, I was reading the newspaper and heard him cry out in panic. I thought maybe he was having a bloody nose because there was some coloration by his nose. I could see panic in his eyes but he said no to the bloody nose. I looked closer...he shoved a M&M up his nose! He kept blowing his nose and a big chunk of chocolate finally came out but we took him in just to make sure nothing was still up there. He got a stuffed fish from the Doc and I think finally learned his lesson not to stick something up his nose because IT HURTS!

4 comments:

Sassyfrazz said...

OH MY GOSH!! I am glad D is OK~~ Yikes! How freaky! I guess it is a learning time for him, though. OUCH!

That is so fun to give baby their first cereal. I love the tongue action with that activity! ~and she loves her tongue, huh?

great job on that Christmas letter! I wish I put time into doing something like that...lack of organization on my part. :)

Grandma J said...

I've often wondered what would make a kid even think about shoving something up their nose. I know a lot of them try it...and in up in the ER! Thankfully, none of mine ever did. I can't wait to read your Christmas letter, maybe I'll try that this year. I do hav a few things to write about I guess.

Qtpies7 said...

Kaytlin shoved a google-eye up her nose, and it was difficult to get out. But the doctor said that M&M's were worse to try to remove, lol.
Oh, the things we've pulled out of our kids' noses.

Sassyfrazz said...

I hope you had a great Thanksgiving! I am thankful for you my friend! *hugs*

See you tomorrow?