Inspiration for today...

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

Philippians 4: 4-8


Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Updates...

We have been busy lately...Dan has been home - he still has a job, but just nothing to do. It has been nice having him around. We are still trying to get the house unpacked and settled. We just picked up some bunk beds and so I am trying to get the boys' room painted. The "sky" is mostly done but we ran out of paint. I need to work on the "dirt" that was wanted. Once we get that painted we can set up the beds and I will slowly work on the requests for dinosaurs, sun, worms and lava.

In a couple of weeks we are looking forward to a small vacation at Wisconsin Dells. We will be going with some good friends and so the kids will have playmates as well. We leave on Sunday and come back on Friday. Dan has to leave on Wednesday though to get sent on a job...go figure, we plan a vacation and he finally gets some work! He will be home in time for Easter.

We are a little concerned about my Dad lately too. He has a viral infection in his eyes. He is on drops and medication but it does not seem to be helping. They are too cloudy for the doctor to see if there is any damage to his eyes. He cannot see to read or even watch TV - definitely can't drive. If there is damage to the eyes they may have to do laser surgery to correct them. Prayerfully, they will clear up and there will be no damage - AND my dad will regain his normal vision!

The kiddos are doing great...T and D must be in growth spurts because both of them are eating non-stop. K is following behind the boys like normal, trying to do whatever they do and climbing on everything. C keeps us entertained like always. I love my kiddos - they are awesome (most of the time, frustrating once in the while). They are normal kiddos - Right?

2 comments:

Sassyfrazz said...

Good to read about your updates. I bet it is great to have Dan home! I am so excited to see all you have done with the house. Seems like it has been a fun project for you! You and Lisa are inspiriations!
Good to hear that you are going on a trip, too! Terry and I are getting away next weekend...CAN'T Wait!!
I look forward to seeing you in a few days! Still have to plan a play date, too... :)
**Praying for your Dad! Keep me posted!**
(hugs)

Qtpies7 said...

I have your projector ready to give to you. Remind me on Wednesday when I babysit for you. (Ha! I remembered! until tomorrow, haha)