Inspiration for today...

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

Philippians 4: 4-8


Monday, January 25, 2010

Baby T on her way HOME!

Updates from this weekend....

Jan 23rd: I got great news when I came in today...The doctor ordered them not to gavauge (again - don't know the spelling) T and see if she could tolerate all her feedings by mouth for 24 hours. If she could then she could go home. WOOHOO! I didn't tell because I wanted to surprise the kiddos. So, she was doing all 8 feedings by mouth and she had gained 46 grams (2 ounces).

Jan 24th: She gained a whopping 96 grams (over 3 ounces) last night at weigh-in. She is taking all her feedings by mouth and she is ready to go home.... The doctor knew I was anxious to get going so he did her discharge exam before rounds and we where on our way!!! She weighed 4 pounds 8 ounces when she was born dropped down to 4 lbs 3 ozs and now leaving the hospital weighed 4 pounds just over 15 ounces.

I went to Mom and Dad's to pick up the kids (they were there for the weekend)...Mom opened the door for me but went back in to finish up some stuff in the kitchen. I walked in with baby T and said I had a surprise. Everyone ran to see - they were very surprised because last I had mentioned she wouldn't be home until tuesday which is what I was originally expecting.

The other kiddos were so excited to see her...they only saw her in pictures and for two minutes through the window of the NICU. Here are some precious pics....
D was all smiles when he saw her...so gentle and wanting to be so helpful. He is definitely a proud big brother. He kept saying that he loves his little sister....

C was so excited too....he kept saying, "She's so cute!" Which is what he said about K and he is very careful to take care of her. Hopefully that will carry over to his new little sis. I think from the picture you can see that it will.
K seems to love her little sister now...we shall see how long that will last :) She keeps pointing to T and giggling. So cute! She loves to point out her eyes, ears, mouth and nose but has to be watched very closely. She is Grandpa's girl but didn't get jealous when he held T...she just went off to play with other things and when Grandpa's lap was empty she went to sit. She loves T's passy and tries to steal it...I will have to watch this one carefully - not that she would mean harm but it might just find her.

Here are all the kiddos...what a good looking family if I have to say so myself :) It will be interesting to see what kind of personality Ms T will have...the others have such different personalities. Only time will tell.

Oh, well...I am just glad that we are all home here together again. That was getting a little wearing on all of us. I appreciate all the help from my family and friends during this time when T was in the hospital. I never could have done it without all of you - I knew that my older three were being well taken care of and I didn't have to worry about them...I could concentrate on T and getting her home. Now we are just waiting for Daddy to get home and we will all be together again....One Big Happy Family!

2 comments:

Grandma J said...

Lisa told me yesterday, that you got to take T home. Cool! Love the pics of the kiddos...especially, the one of K and T! That one is absolutely precious!!

Sassyfrazz said...

How precious! I bet the kids were really anxious to see their new little sister! I love the pictures you captured! The love shown between the siblings is so sweet! Congratulations again on the birth of your second daughter! She is precious! GLad she is gaining weight, too! :)

Thanks for posting! I look forward to seeing you soon, and holding your babe!