Inspiration for today...

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

Philippians 4: 4-8


Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Stressed...

Why do my kids think that they don't have to listen??? I think that I need to change the way I am doing things because nothing - not even the time of year - is helping! Maybe they sense that I am way too tired to do any follow up or disciplining. It is kind of stressful for me around this time of year...even if they were listening and it doesn't help that I am seven and a half months pregnant with no energy. I am waiting for the nesting period because my house needs a good cleaning - after it is organized and put away. We have no Christmas decorations out - much to the boys chagrin, except the little tree that my sister graciously brought over.

Somewhere around there they managed to kill the DirecTv...which makes things worse around here - I could at least turn that on and get a MOMENT of peace but can't even use that today. The only thing that works is that it shows that it is recording something constantly. Don't ask - I have no clue what they did.

Here is my schedule until after the first of the year - now mind you that my house is still not put together....tomorrow I work, Friday or Saturday Dan will finally come home, his brother is coming up from GA for the week, Sunday is D's birthday, Monday is our wedding anniversary, Tuesday I work, Wednesday I have an ultrasound and dr appt., Thursday is Christmas eve, Friday is Christmas, Saturday is C's birthday, New Year's Eve we are doing a Murder Mystery Party with friends, and New Year's Day we are having family over for the boys' birthdays. Christmas day is usually spent on my side but Dan's family wanted to have it on Christmas Day because Bob and the boys were up. That means we would split the day and it makes it more stressful. I really love time with family and friends - I just don't have the energy this year.

Gotta go - need to yell at my kiddos again!!!!!!

2 comments:

Qtpies7 said...

Ugh, I hear you on the stress. Really, the kids won't listen until you get mean and consistent. But that won't happen until after the baby comes and you have gotten to the point when you can get some sleep at night.

Grandma J said...

Jody, that sounds like an awful lot of stress for someone in your delicate condition. I thought you were only working once in awhile these days?? Is there anything we can do to take some of this load off of you?