Inspiration for today...

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

Philippians 4: 4-8


Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Homeschooling...

C finished his preschool book...he refused to stop at only a couple of pages per day...he would do as many as 15 in one day. He loves it so much that he doesn't stop. I have a drill book for him to do and another book from Walmart for preschool that I will have him do for the rest of this year but what do I do to keep him busy next year. He technically is not in Kindergarten so maybe I can just do the Walmart Kindergarten book with him and then do the actual Kindergarten books the following year. Crazy!

D on the other hand, I struggle every day to get him to do anything that he doesn't want to do. He will whine and complain about everything except Art. Now he is interested in Science so it makes it easier. I bribe him with the Arts and Sciences if he does the other subjects. I guess he is excited about his phonics since he is actually reading sentences and stories. It is the other stuff that is so "boring." I told him he is going to have a hard time in school if he thinks that way now!

Yesterday we went on a Field Trip to Cabela's - he thought that was lots of fun since that is his favorite store. And, he is looking forward to tomorrow though...we are doing some experiments with the five senses. Should be fun...I am sure that C will even get into it. Hopefully K and T will cooperate!

1 comment:

Sassyfrazz said...

I am glad to hear that home schooling is going great for your boys. Cabella's for a field trip...great idea!
I can't believe that D is already reading...time flies!